What is FICA ?
South Africa has implemented law that is designed to combat money laundering, which is the abuse of financial systems in order to hide and / or disguise the proceeds of crime. This law is known as the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, 38 of 2001, abbreviated to “FICA”.
What this means for GrandPlay accountholders is that they will be required to provide us with proof of identity, physical address in order for us to validate their information before we can activate their accounts.
Below are some of the documents you can send us to validate your account for FICA.
Proof of identification
- Certified copy (within the last 3 months by a commissioner of oaths) of your green bar-coded Identity document / ID Cards (Front and Back Copy)
- If a customer is unable to produce a green bar-coded identity document, for a reason that is acceptable to GrandPlay, then acertified copy (within the last 3 months by a commissioner of oaths) of any one of the following alternate identifying documents will be acceptable:
- A valid passport,
- A valid driver’s license (Front and Back Copy)
- A valid temporary identity document.
A valid version of these documents means that they must be current and unexpired and also certified within the last 3months.
Proof of Residence (No older than 3months)
- Bank Statement
- Utility Bill:
- Water and Electricity bill
- Municipal Rates and Tax invoice
- Telkom account
- SARS tax return (less than 1year old)
- Affidavits In instances where the customer is unable to provide GrandPlay with the residential address verification document, an affidavit from a co-habitant (person living at the same address), property owner or employer of the customer provides sufficient verification of the customer’s residential address.
An affidavit for verification of residential address can be used in the following instances:
- The spouse / relative / partner of the property owner or co-habitant.
- Customer is the employee of the person / company.
- Customer is the tenant of the person.
- Customer is the student (over age of 18) residing with the person.
- Customer is the domestic worker or gardener living on the property of the property owner or co-habitant.